2N3904 NPN Transistor is a widely used for general purpose. This transistor is mostly used by electronic students and hobbyists in their projects, but it is also used in commercial electronic products. It is used in different variety of electronic applications for switching and amplification purposes. The max collector of this transistor is 200mA therefore, user can put loads minimum to 200mA in the electronic applications, The all devices’ dissipation is 625 milliwatts due to which it can also be used for audio and RF signal amplification.
Features of 2N3904 Transistors:
- Type of Package: TO- 92
- Types of Transistor : NPN
- Maximum Collector Current(IC): 200mA
- Max Collector and Emitter Voltage (VCE): 40V
- Max Collector to Base Voltage (VCB): 60V
- Maximum Emitter to Base Voltage (VEBO): 6V
- Collector Dissipation of max (Pc): 625 miliWatt
- Maximum Transition Frequency (fT): 300 MHz
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 40 to 300
- Maximum Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +150 Centigrade
Complement of NPN Transistors:
The complement of 2N3904 NPN Transistor is 2N3906 PNP Transistor.
Equivalent of NPN Transistors:
How We Can Use it And How to Use:
This transistor can be used in any electronic applications which its under the electrical characteristics, Let suppose if you want to switch a load in an electronic application that requires under 200mA let suppose if you want to switch a load in an electronic application that requires under 200mA then this transistor will work good well and you are different variety of loads with this transistor for example LEDs, high power transistors, relays and a portion of an electronic circuit etc. When we use an amplifier it can be used in audio amplification steps used to drive small speakers as amplifier As audio preamplifier and it can also be used in amplification steps of RF applications.
Applications of This Transistor
- It is commonly used in TV and other home appliances
- VCB & VBE is high hence can be used to control voltage loads up to 40V
- Driver Modules as for Relay Driver, LED driver etc.
- Amplifier modules as for signal Amplifier, Audio amplifiers etc.
We How to Safely Long Run in a Circuit:
To get good and long term performance from this transistor it is suggested to not drive loads more than 100mA, always use a suitable base resistor, do not provide collector-emitter voltage more than 40V and always operate or store in temperatures above -55 centigrade and below +150 centigrade.